What’s a “Covid Injury” you ask???
We have been seeing plenty of them at our Wichita, KS office the past several months! A Covid Injury is a term we have coined when we see someone with a pain or injury as a secondary result of the Covid scare.
A few examples:
- The office employee, now working from home on a computer set up on the kitchen table experiencing low back pain.
- The student, experiencing excruciating neck pain due to constant Zoom classes.
- The Mom who can no longer get out to the gym, who is experiencing shoulder tightness and stiffness.
- The Dad who hurt his knee because he found himself working from home and started running 5 miles every day with the dog.
- The golfer who tweaked his/her hamstring because golf was the only safe outdoor activity they could do, so they started playing 7 days per week to pass the time.
These are all real stories of clients we have helped since the start of Covid.
If this is you, give us a call at 316.558.8808 or fill out this webform to find out how we can help.
Since March, we have done dozens of video consults with our clients, helping them set up their home computer correctly. Sometimes, all it takes is one virtual video visit to see the problem and correct it-eliminating hours and hours of neck, shoulder, and back pain! We are experts at ergonomic setups to eliminate achy shoulders and necks that come with too much screen time.
We have also seen an increase in activity related injuries-such as people increasing their walking and running programs. This is sort of a good thing right? It means people have been more active and taken advantage of the free time! But for some, it has led to pain in hips, knees, and feet due to increasing their mileage too fast.
And lastly, we have seen some folks with pain due to being stuck at home on the couch! Too much Netflix binge watching has led to pain in the neck, back, and hips.
If any of these stories resonate with you, feel free to give us a shout! Often a quick “tune up” is all you need to get you back on track!
Don’t let Covid win! You can stay active, mobile, and off pain pills-even in the midst of a pandemic!
Once more, feel free to contact us at 316.558.8808 or fill out this webform.